Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Vampire Academy Casting Release!

This news isn't exactly "new" -- it's been out for over a month -- but I really wanted to announce it on my blog because it's super FREAKING EXCITING news!

The roles for who is playing Rose, Lissa, & Dimitri from the book to movie adaptation of Vampire Academy have been announced! 

I am pleased to introduce to you:



Zoey Deutch as Rose Hathaway: I think Zoey is super pretty, but I don't think "badass!" when I see her. I haven't seen her act either, but she's supposed to be a really good actress so hopefully her kick-ass training and her acting skills unveil a badass side to her!




Lucy Fry as Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir: She is PERFECT! Perfect as Lissa! Pretty and totally has that look of innocence to her that I think of when I read the books. She doesn't look like a fighter. Basically, she's the opposite of what I'd imagine Rose to be like.




Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri Belikov: I've always had a bit of trouble imagining Dimitri while reading VA. I love him beyond reason and I think he's hot but I've never been able to pinpoint what his "hot" face looks like. I've kind of imagined a dark and long-haired Channing Tatum...(maybe a little?) since Tatum is big and can look awfully stoic and like someone you do not want to mess with. But this Danila guy *waggles eyebrows* is definitely good-looking!! And I feel like he could give off that serious Dimitri manner really well! AND he's Russian! I APPROVE!



No other characters have been cast yet, to my knowledge, but after seeing this bunch, I have complete faith in the casting directors to find awesome accompanying characters! It'll be exciting to find out who will be playing the roles of Christian, Adrian (is he in the first book?), Mason, etc!

What do YOU think? Like? Love? Not so much? Let me know! :)

The highly anticipated movie, "Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters," is set to release February 14, 2014. It seems to me like an awfully tight schedule to fit casting, filming, and editing in, but as I said, I have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment