Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme that was created by The Broke and the Bookish
You can find more TTT lists from book lovers and bloggers by clicking their blog name.

Today's topic:
Ten Books I've Most Recently Added To My TBR


1. Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara
Dana at The Book Hoarder covered this in one of her recent videos and it caught my attention! It's about a girl who loses a loved one and her life kind of spirals. It sounds like there's a lot of darkness, inner healing, and love that take place. Dana also said it was written beautifully so it sounds like something I would enjoy!


2. Salt of the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
I don't know anything about this book; however, I enjoyed Ruta's debut novel, met her in 2014, and I'll be seeing her again on her SotS tour so I'm excited to read more by her!

3. La Douleur Exquise by J. R. Rogue
This is a book of poetry! I don't read poetry often, but Jenn's poetry resonates with me and I cannot wait until I own this in paperback. The cover compliments her work so well. Get sneak peaks of her work on her Instagram.

4. Tree of Codes by Jonathan Safran Foer
Dana from The Book Hoarder also mentioned this book in her last video (linked above). Looking at the cover you might think it's just an interesting contemporary or something...

And then you see what's in between the covers and you realize interesting is an understatement!
I'll be honest. I have no idea what it's about. It costs over $100 at online book retailers, but my library has it so I'll be checking out this beautiful creativity soon!

5. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson


6. With this Heart by R.S. Grey
I've been following the author on social media for a while now. Initially to support her work because I didn't think her books would be up my alley, but she was a kind person with beautiful design skills (she design all her cover art!) worthy of some extra support! Now I've fallen in love with her online persona (because let's be real, we don't actually know these authors we love so much) and I'm starting to think I might like the stories she tells. Since this was the first book of hers I heard of, I'm going to try it out first and then continue with the rest!

7. Chasing Spring by R.S. Grey
Oh, look! Another R.S. Grey creation. Reading this synopsis made me finally realize I needed to pick up her work. 

Synopsis: I thought I’d left Blackwater, Texas behind for good. I didn’t belong in the small town, but my dad wouldn’t listen. He dragged me back home in his beat-up truck and dropped a bomb along the way: Chase Matthews was moving in with us. He was the golden boy of my high school, my former best friend, and the last person I wanted sleeping across the hall. His presence was too great a reminder of the ghosts I was trying to forget.

I didn’t ask for a hero. I don’t want to be saved.

To me, Lilah Calloway meant late nights sneakin’ out, moonlit hair, and sparklers in July. She was my best friend until the day she left and I’d assumed Blackwater had seen the last of her. Then, like a tempest, she rolled back into town for the final half of senior year. The chopped hair and dark devil-may-care attitude warned most people away, but I knew if I fought hard enough, I could find the lost girl.

I didn’t want to be her hero. Some girls don’t need to be saved.  


8. Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken
I never did get very far into the first book of The Darkest Minds triology, but when I saw how much rave these story collections were, I needed to pin it to my TBR. I'll get to book one eventually...

9. A Million Drops of Rain by Amber L. Johnson
Sequel to Puddle Jumping, which was one of my all-time favorites read last year, and I legitimately cried when I learned that readers would get a follow-up on Lilly and Colton. I loved everything about Puddle Jumping so I can only imagine how much I'll love this one! No cover, yet, it'll release this July! 


10. Blankets by Craig Thompson
I've heard lovely things about this autobiographical graphic novel! I haven't read graphic novels, but I would like to give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment