I like copying my friend Trina so I stole this from her blog. :) The answers are my own, of course.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I have never read 100 books in one year or worked a taxed job and I did both in 2013!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made many New Year's resolutions, seventeen to be exact, and I kept nine of them. :) YES, I am making more for 2014!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, not this year, thank you, God.
5. What trips did you take? I flew to St. Pete's Beach, Florida at the end of March for my spring break vacation with my family. I also went to my aunt's boyfriend's house for a mini camp-out over the summer.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Better health, more sense of direction, more patience, more courage.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 25 - I had cousins from Boston and California come in for the holidays for the first time in ten years and it was undeniably one of the best Christmas parties I have ever had with my family.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I won a huge scholarship, got a job, started up my blog, read over 100 books, raised enough money to sponsor a Ugandan child through Amazima Ministries.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't know... if anything, I want to to keep this answer private.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, all year I dealt with health issues and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't miserable this year. I have had issues accumulate over the years and this year was the big explosion of never ending problems. I pray I can leave all of it in the past.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My kindle. :)
12. Where did most of your money go? In the bank or to books. :)
13. What did you get really excited about? Winning a prize that I haven't yet announced to you guys (lol ;)), helping the children of Uganda,
14. What song will always remind you of 2013? Anything by Bastille, Mat Kearney, and James Vincent McMorrow.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Sadder. Thinner or fatter? Ten pounds up. Richer or poorer? Richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I had been able to explore life's options and opportunities more.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? School. Stress.
18. How did you spend Christmas? All of my Christmas parties and present openings were before Christmas Day so I spent Christmas reading, being forced into seeing Anchorman 2 (which is atrocious in case you were wondering whether you should go see it), more reading, and figuring out how to use the iPod Touch I got for Christmas.
19. What was your favorite TV program? I only watch and The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Parenthood and I like them all quite a bit.
20. What were your favorite books of the year? >>Top Ten Books of 2013 >>Books I read in 2013
21. What were your favorite films of the year? I can't remember many watching many movies in 2013. I enjoyed Safe Haven and Moulin Rouge but I wouldn't consider them favorites.
22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was chilling at home on my birthday.
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2013? Comfy casual and simplistic.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Discovering what makes me happy.
25. What kept you sane? My parents, the wonderful friends I've met online, and books.
26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. You don't need to be the best to be worthy.