Saturday, January 10, 2015

Review: Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Synopsis:
Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.

Genre: YA? There were mature topics discussed in this first book, but I don't think it could really be considered NA. And a mixture of contemporary, mystery, suspense, and romance! It's just everything amazing all in one!

Pages: 104

Date published: January 8, 2014

Never stop. 
Never forget. 
Just remember.



Rating: 4 stars
My review:

UPDATE: Okay! I've completely gone crazy! After having time to contemplate the book and its clues, more and more questions are popping into my head and I cannot wrap my mind around what's going on! There is so much more to this plot than I ever imagined that I almost want to say y'all should disregard my review. Just know that this is a great mystery/suspense/romance and if you are into trying to decipher a story word by word, this is totally up your alley! I'm torturing myself trying to make sense of it all and loving it all the same.

ORIGINAL:

What the what?!?

I can't even. What? NO!!!

I just finished Never Never. I can't believe what I just read. This is so different from anything else I've ever read and I loved every second of it! Colleen Hoover, props to you for thinking of this crazy idea, and Tarryn Fisher, for getting the ball rolling. Brilliant.

The plot! Holy shoot the plot was awesome. I don't want to reveal anything about the plot because reading the first chapter sneak peek after knowing nothing about the plot messed with my mind! In the best way possible, of course, and I want you guys to go into the book not knowing what to expect! After the first chapter, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the full story, but was going to have to wait until the paperback came out (because I couldn't buy both paperback and ebook). Gratefully, I won a copy from a fellow CoHort (thank you again, Meredith!) and then devoured it. I loved experiencing all the confusion and curiosity and carefulness of Charlie and Silas as they tried to relearn and put the pieces together. I felt so in tune with Charlie and Silas, as if I too were experiencing the events and emotions with them. Trying to figure out what was going on put me on such an edge. Every time another piece about themselves was discovered, I was anxious, excited, and smiling so much. I found myself rooting for Charlie and Silas, loving them more and more with each bit I was learning about them. Especially with each new tid bit that made their relationship more flawed and complex, things started clicking in place and I was just thinking I LOVE THIS! I love Charlie. I love Silas. (Especially Silas. Can he get any more perfect??) I love Landon (I want him) and Janette. I love Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher...

The reason I'm not giving Never Never 5 stars is because I'm still conflicted on its length. I love the plot and where it's headed, but it's so short that we weren't able to get a complete story. I feel like I am hardly entitled to give it a rating when it isn't complete. It's like rating an excerpt and rating an entire book off of how I liked that one part. Of course, after reading Never Never I discovered that the reason it is so short is because Never Never had to be published in a novella series, due to Tarryn not being contracted with Colleen's publisher. I would have loved to see Never Never as one bind up instead of three separate publications, because like I said, this just wasn't a full book, but I understand the legality of the situation.

Anyway, I love this story so much and there's still so much left to learn (basically everything since nothing was really cleared up in this first installment) about Charlie and Silas, their families, and what the heck happened! There were some elements/motifs that were barely touched up on in this first book (atoning for one's mistakes, serving a purpose outside yourself) that I'm going crazy imagining how they'll play out in the sequels! I know this is just the beginning of what to expect from this series and I cannot wait to read the other books.

Never stop. 
Never forget. 
Just remember.

Available now:

No comments:

Post a Comment