Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #10: Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme that was created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find more TTT lists from book lover and bloggers by clicking their blog name.



Today's topic:

Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

For this topic, 5 series automatically came in mind when I saw the topic so I'm only going to be mentioning these 5 series, which is way over 10 books total! (In no particular order.)

Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I like the cover for Obsidian because it goes with the series, Origin's cover is interesting, and I like that the models are the same, but they don't enhance or reflect the stories between the covers.

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: When I see these, I feel like the cover designer just found photos they liked and slapped them on the covers. I don't have an inkling who is on these covers, if they're supposed to be Rose (which I assume) or what because they're all different models. I can guess, especially with Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and Spirit Bound, but apart from the cool Academy gates, I don't personally think these covers add anything special to the series.

3. Dreamhunter series by Elizabeth Knox: I love this series and it deserves so much attention, but the covers are so dated that I think a lot of people will judge the cover and leave it on the shelf.

4. Summer series by Jenny Han: I like that they look like they belong together in a series, but I just find the covers boring. The last cover is kind of pretty in a very simplistic way, although it looks more like a standalone cover.


5. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz: I like the cityscape(?) silhouette at the bottom as well as the last cover, but the others just don't intrigue me and don't add much to the story.

1 comment:

  1. VA made my list too! (My post is scheduled, but not up yet.)

    ReplyDelete